Management by exception
In modern ICT, media and broadband operations, complexity increases day by day. The emergence of many different media, broadband and data technologies, platforms and consumer devices makes it impossible to monitor quality of service/experience without specialist monitoring probes, but also without the ability to focus your attention on where it is really needed. An up-to-date confidence monitoring platform is therefore table stakes. The DataMiner platform, which oversees the entire network, makes this possible. You can trust DataMiner to report exceptional situations in the network so that the operation teams can focus on real issues that need attention, instead of spending time monitoring all services that are running on the network, including the healthy ones.
- Simple and fast: With DataMiner, you can integrate information from different places in your IT, media or broadband stack. DataMiner integrates with any equipment from any vendor.
- Integrate multi-point and multi-format service confidence monitoring from ingest to distribution.
- DataMiner captures QoS and QoE metrics from various sources in the network, from source to edge to consumer. Those data sources include:
- Media processing functions (IRDs, video encoders and transcoders, packagers, multiplexers, origin servers).
- Specialist monitoring probes (TS, ABR, etc.) that can be deployed at multiple points in the network (acquisition, processing, distribution, cloud).
- Multiviewers with probing capabilities built in.
- Test & measurement (T&M) equipment.
- Robots simulating user behavior and interaction (e.g. OTT stream load time).
- End-user CPE (set-top box) and player QoS and QoE stats. DataMiner Experience and Performance Manager (EPM) collects information either directly from consumer devices and players, or through intermediate specialist software systems (polling or streaming telemetry).
- Schedule-aware confidence monitoring is very natural to DataMiner: DataMiner plans and orchestrates services, but also plans and orchestrates specialist probes and robots to monitor those services. Ingest the master schedule and/or playlist to align monitoring with the actual configuration at all times, so that the configuration of the probe always matches the exact time schedules and format of the (media) service (e.g. video format, number of audio channels, CC presence, etc.).
- DataMiner can even ingest EPG files (TV anytime, etc.) and constantly keep the monitoring systems aligned with the expected formats. With DataMiner, you will never forget to monitor a service that is live or receive a false positive alarm for a service that is not.
- As media processing in the cloud is ever more important for content acquisition, production and distribution use cases, DataMiner takes care of the deployment and orchestration of probes in public clouds (multi-cloud) fully automatically, and aligned with the service life cycle management. DataMiner will only spin up probes when services are scheduled to run, and it will fully autonomously stop the use of probes in the cloud that are no longer needed.
- Flexibility: DataMiner allows maximum flexibility and customization, and immediate action. Considering the scale and complexity of today’s video networks, they are often monitored by exception. DataMiner provides a personalized penalty box to each operator, which can be viewed in the DataMiner Cube client UI but also put on the big video wall. Of course, DataMiner takes care of all signal routing to the walls and to operator desks.
- DataMiner provides a single set of visuals and dashboards on a service. Those visuals not only contain the monitored metrics, alarms, and all historical information, but also the service configuration and flow details. You can easily share dashboards with colleagues inside and outside your organization, optimizing collaboration.
- Business Intelligence: Measure what really matters. DataMiner will take business level logic into account to evaluate situations. DataMiner KPI and KQI management open up the potential to apply the KPIs/KQIs in DataMiner that are specific to your organization. You can for example define your own video quality index (VQI) as a result of many KPIs such as delay, re-buffer events, number of bitrate changes, etc. Similarly, you can set a KQI target defining that 95% of the premium TV channels need to be available with good quality (VQI > 80%) in 90% of the territory. This enables full OSS/BSS management with DataMiner.
- The DataMiner Synthetic Testing app schedules and runs specific tests on the network. As such, the active test results complement any counters and metrics that are reported to DataMiner.
- Focus alarms: Prevent alarm storms by only allowing the relevant alarms to pass.
- Use automated root cause analysis to automatically spin up additional probes (e.g. Telestream) when a problem occurs, in multiple regions, in order to further pin down the problem.
- AI-powered trending: With DataMiner AI-augmented operations, you can predict trends and detect anomalies, directing the attention of operators to possible future problems.
- DataMiner assists SecOps teams by automating security workflows, but also by detecting anomalies in your network or operation.
Associated Markets:Service Providers
Service Providers - Cloud
Service Providers - Cloud - IoT
Service Providers - Broadband
Service Providers - Broadband - Telco
Service Providers - Broadband - VSAT
Content Distribution - DTH
Content Distribution - DTT
Content Distribution - Cable & MSO