Agile Webspace > Accountabilities > DevOps Quality Coach
The DevOps Quality Coach
The DevOps Quality Coach is accountable for ensuring there is a quality process and that there is visibility on the measured quality and performance.
The DevOps Quality Coach does this by making sure that quality is always top of mind. Even if the pressure rises, quality does not get sacrificed.
- Ensure that there is a quality process and that there is visibility on the measured quality and performance.
- Ensure that everyone in the squad pays attention to the quality and user experience, challenging them at every iteration in that respect, and continuously guiding them to improve this.
- Ask the right questions at every iteration of the software or the solution to create awareness, to keep the focus and to mitigate risks from the very beginning.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices in relation to quality and user interface, internal corporate guidelines related to this domain, general technology evolutions, helpful tools and techniques, etc. and leverage that knowledge to assist the squad.
- NOT do all the testing and user experience verification related to design but instead create an environment where quality and user experience of the delivered solution/software are owned by the entire squad, as a shared responsibility.
- Exchange experiences with peers, and work with peers to maintain an efficient and streamlined operation across the squads
- Stay curious, ask questions, follow up on loose threads.
- Help facilitate risk workshops, bug bashes, post-mortems and other brainstorming sessions.
- Advocate for quality process improvements.