Agile Webspace > Accountabilities > Agile Coach
The Agile Coach
The Agile Coach is accountable for coaching and mentoring the people in your team, cross-team and cross organization into living the agile values and principles.
They are change agents that support the continuous agile evolution. Though Agile is simple, it is not easy. With the support from the agile coach entire companies can transform from doing agile to being agile.
Most self-organizing squads in Skyline have opted for the Scrum framework to help them adopt and live the agile mindset. In these squads the Agile Coach adopts the Scrum Master accountabilities.
- Advocate an agile mindset, helping the team to adopt and live by these values.
- Facilitate the team’s progress towards team goals and help the team to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
- Facilitate collaboration.
- Establish an environment where the team can feel safe and be effective.
- Guard the focus and commitment of the team.
- Focus on team dynamics and performance, helping the team manage interpersonal conflicts and pinpointing challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Ensure a good relationship between the team, the product owner, and outside stakeholders.
- Protect the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
- Initiate the removing of impediments, remove barriers, and identify risks at an early stage.
- Challenge the team to grow and encourage experiments for continuous improvement.
- Be a servant leader, instead of gathering control, you release control and empower the team.