I'm having trouble getting the Cube browser app to work in Edge with IE compatibility mode.
In the Edge settings, I've added the URL to open Cube to the "Internet Explorer mode" pages. In my Internet options, I've also made sure the URL is considered a trusted site and that XAML browser applications are enabled. However, when I go to the URL, Edge blocks the download. If I select to keep the download anyway and open it, I get this error:
Does anyone have any tips on how I could get this to work?
Found the solution!
Apparently Edge needs to do a reload in order to load Internet Explorer, so if the initial page is already the XBAP, this fails. So to make this work, I had to set the Edge setting "Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode" to "Allow", and then to browse to the DMA URL instead of [MyDMA]/DataMinerCube.
I'll update the documentation with this info.
Some of the settings for our Edge are managed by the company (of which InternetExplorereIntegrationSiteList). "localhost/DataMinerCube/DataMinerCube.xbap" is one of those entries to use IE11. As Ive mentioned it is advised to use the standalone application. Which can be downloaded from our the download page
Our applicaton uses the xbap format. This is not supported in the Edge browser, that's why the page will not load here.
The xbap format is a Microsoft format specially created for Internet Explorer.
The best solution would be to use another browser (as suggested by Alberto) or use the standalone application (like Michiel told).