I am trying to connect a Windows 11 PC with Microsoft Platform connector, and I did these steps on the catalog for config but no luck yet.
The polling IP of the Microsoft server must be defined when the element is created.
- To go to WMI Control Properties, go to Start > Run and enter wmimgmt.msc.
- Right-click WMI Control (Local) and select Properties.
- On the Security tab page, go to \\Root\CIMV2 and click the Security button.
- Add your local user to the list and give the user all rights.
- Apply all.
- Go to Start > Run and enter dcomcnfg.
- Select My Computer and click the Properties button.
- Go to the tab COM Security.
- Under Launch and Activation Permissions, choose Edit Limits.
- Add your local user and give the user the Local Launch, Remote Launch, and Remote Activation permissions.
- Apply all.
I have gotten this to work for another Windows 11 PC after following these steps and entering username/password in the security tab.
I have restarted the PC as well with no luck. In stream viewer this is the error i have recieved:
The RPC server is unavailable, I do not know what this is.
The error 'The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)' means that the DMA is not able to reach the Windows 11 PC. Can you check if the "Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI-In)" rule is enabled in the firewall of the Windows 11 PC?
Hope it helps.