After our customer was making some adjustments in a Visio file and after saving the changes it happened that the whole visual overview was blank and not even opening the context menu by right clicking was possible.
Are there any specific Logs I can take a look into? We probably would need to enable a higher respective log level as well I presume
We had several approaches to fix this for which unfortunately none helped:
- Creating a new view and use the existing Visio file -> same result
- making a copy of the Visio from "Skyline DataMiner / Views", reverting the changes and upload it again -> same result
- Creating a completely new and blank from a new view, Edit it in Visio, Copy and paste from the other Visio -> only some Shapes were even shown in the new visual overview
As one can see, we did a lot of Try&Error with just checking the DMs behaviour in this case because we had no real approach to troubleshoot. Any ideas how we could proceed?
A copy of the previous version of the Visio file is temporarily stored in a zip file in the "C:\Skyline DataMiner\Recycle bin" folder. I the change is not too long ago, you can find it there with the timestamp of the change that caused the visual overview to go blank.
If after restoring this file the visual overview does not go back to its original state, but only some of the shapes are shown as you experienced with the newly created version, please get in touch with our service department, as in that case an investigation of the actual configuration of the Visio file and linked objects will be needed.
Here are a few more tips:
- If the context menu of the card does not allow you to open the visio (this can happen due to certain settings to maximize the visual overview or shapes), it can still be done from the hamburger menu of the card, using the visual overview submenu
- I recommend storing the visual overview files in a separate storage or version control system. This way you can easily keep track of changes and revert them if needed. While DataMiner has a backup mechanism and changes are temporarily saved in the recycle bin folder, this is often the fastest way to restore a previous version.