For a low code app with a map integration, I want to have a list with filtering capabilty on the left side of my application and I want to have the possibility to collapse or expand this left part.
I tried to test with a panel opened on the left but the content on my page is not resized. The panel when it opens is displayed above my map.
Do you have recommandation/solution to do this?
Currently the panel can only be displayed on top of the page and can't resize the page it is displayed on. It would require a new software feature to support this.
Still I found, somewhat of a hacky, solution to support your use case with the current software features:
You could add your maps component to a panel (Maps panel) and the filters to another panel (Filter panel).
- On page load you create an action which opens the maps panel (on the right, width of 100% and no overlay)
- In the maps panel you add an 'Open filters' button which would on click:
- Open the Filter panel (from the left side, width of 30% and no overlay)
- Close the Maps panel followed by an action to open the maps panel (from the right side, width 70% and no overlay)
- In the filter panel you add an 'Close' button which would on click:
- Close the Filter panel
- Close the Maps panel followed by an action to open the maps panel (from the right side, width 100% and no overlay)
In the end it would look something like this.
Note that this is more of a workaround. The downside of this is that it refetches the data which is displayed on the map when opening and closing the filter panel.