Are you a programmer and have you worked with DataMiner Automation scripts before? Then our recent Q&A session about unit testing may be just the thing for you! Based on an example situation where a billion-dollar satellite could potentially crash, we show how unit testing an Automation script can make the difference. We also discuss the basics behind TDD and how it can be applied when you decide to code with a testing framework beforehand.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- the design phase to create easily testable code
- creating requirements through tests
- some handy tips and libraries you can use during the arrange, act and assertion steps of testing
- the “MOQ” library for faking Engine, Class Library IDms, or your own interfaces
- the “FluentAssertions” library to have cleaner assertions and better error reporting
You can greatly improve the quality and stability of your products and operations by leveraging a test frame around connectors and scripts. So take the time to watch this session, and you may save a lot of time in the long run.