Any advice on what can be collected and looked at more than the below would be much appreciated.
There is one heavy Dataminer user who has started to observe "Cube slow > laptop slow > fan is loud" issue on a Windows10 machine running on Intel i7-10610U with 32GB RAM.
- DataMiner Cube app is using 100% of CPU for a long time - and slow with its GUI responsiveness.
- Cube freeze detection! in log file with listed "Stacktrace frozen UI" thread on various MS Windows processes.
Next step is to gather info about this setup and forward it to Skyline's support team.
The following things going to provide:
1) The above snapshots of the CPU load
2) Info from the Cube > About > Connection & versions tabs
3) Cube logging file after the issue detected from C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Skyline\DataMiner\DataMinerCube\CubeLogging.
4) Memory dumps - might be challenging to follow this guide Collecting DataMiner Cube memory dumps | DataMiner Docs because the user on the machine in question has no admin permissions.
Many thanks in advance for any tips & tricks on the subject!
If it's only one single user, then the user settings could also be valuable to add. You'll find them on the agent he/she is connecting to in c:\Skyline DataMiner\Users\[username]\ClientSettings.json.
You can also reset the user settings by clearing that file (please take a backup of that file first and let the user disconnect with all his open Cube sessions) or copying ClientSettings.json over from a user that has no problem and then let the user connect again.
Anyway, please get in touch with Skyline support indeed, so that a detailed investigation can take place.