I have a service template which is working with a csv file. I'm wondering why some parts in the service are missing. First I thought it's a bug because we have an old DMA version. But now we are on the latest release. My test is with 12 tv channels and all information should be gathered with the help of the csv file. Now I changed all settings for a particular child elements to the same one. But only 2 out 12 services have the child element included. How is this possible? It's also on other child elements. But now I could test it very straight forward with a specific child element.
All child elements are selected as "Templated element" with checkbox on for "This service child is optional"
I did a small example with less content to show it:
The first 3 channels are fine, rest of it has no child element.
This behavior normally occurs when the service template is not able to find the an element that matches the name defined in 'Name Mask':
In the example above, the name of the element is coming from the input data 'elementName'. If the CSV file contains an invalid (or non existent) element name, the service will be created without that child element. This is due to the fact that the checkbox 'This service child is optional' is enabled.
In order to troubleshoot this case, an option could be disabling the option 'The service child is optional'. When provisioning the service template, you could further investigate in the 'Background Tasks' pop-up why the element is not included.
Another option to double check is 'Allow element to be reused by multiple services'. If this option is disabled, an child element can only be included in one service.
Hope it helps.